message box vanishes

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sat Dec 29 13:13:25 EST 2001

At 1:01 PM +0100 12/29/01, Andre Rombauts wrote:
>I'm using Win and Mac versions as I'll have to develop on both platforms
>(and on Linux, later on...). on Mac everything is fine (...). On Win the
>message box cannot be displayed anymore. What could have happened? What
>could have lead to this situation? Is there any switch preventing it from
>displaying?

It could simply be off screen. Create a stack with a field and a button and put this in the button and then click the button:

on mouseUp
  put the loc of stack "message box" into fld "info"
end mouseUp

if it gives you some odd co-ordinates, you can set the loc to 100,100 to get it back.

You could also check the visible of the message box stack. If it's false, set it to true.

gc