putting a file to a web server

andu undo at cloud9.net
Mon Dec 10 18:45:00 EST 2001

Chipp Walters wrote:

> Good idea, but I don't want to have to deal with all the permission settings
> for each and every directory I want to upload to. Potential security risk.
> The directories are typically webpage directories I'm uploading to.

I don't get it, if you don't have the write to access a directory, what
is the way to put files in it short of asking the administrator to do it
for you. One assumes that if you use a web hosting service you do have
rights to access any directories within your domain either via ftp or
http if the web server supports uploads.