Inside RR IDE...

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Tue Dec 4 16:58:01 EST 2001

At 3:13 PM -0600 12/4/01, Chipp Walters wrote:
>For instance, in Preferences, when you check the "destroyStack property is set to true for new stacks," I assume it automatically sets that property when creating / saving a new stack. Where in the stack is this recorded...or is the property something that is set once and not needed to be set ever again "on Startup" or "on OpenStack."
>
>So this would mean a script like "set the destroyStack property of this stack to true" would not be necessary in a standalone because standalones can't modify themselves...and if destroyStack is set appropriately when saving, it never need be futzed with again (futz being a technical term used round this part of Texas).
>
>If this is so, then can I assume that RR does not automatically include any "hidden" scripts in my stack? If it does, where and when?

DestroyStack is a property of the stack. Once set, it never needs to be set again. So there is no script inserted for that.

In general, Rev doesn't insert any scripts you don't ask it too. That means that if you use the animation manager or the geometry manager, at the very least those get included in your project. This is true of other things as well, I just picked those two as examples.

A more definitive answer would have to come from the rev crew themselves.

regards,

Geoff