Inside RR IDE...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Dec 4 16:28:00 EST 2001

I was wondering about the internals of RR. I know it's programmed in
Transcript (MetaTalk) but I'm wondering how it does some things.

For instance, in Preferences, when you check the "destroyStack property is
set to true for new stacks," I assume it automatically sets that property
when creating / saving a new stack. Where in the stack is this recorded...or
is the property something that is set once and not needed to be set ever
again "on Startup" or "on OpenStack."

So this would mean a script like "set the destroyStack property of this
stack to true" would not be necessary in a standalone because standalones
can't modify themselves...and if destroyStack is set appropriately when
saving, it never need be futzed with again (futz being a technical term used
round this part of Texas).

If this is so, then can I assume that RR does not automatically include any
"hidden" scripts in my stack? If it does, where and when?

Just wondering,

Thanks,

Chipp Walters