No names of new objects with engine 5?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Dec 13 12:33:02 CST 2011

> This appears to be an engine bug, introduced some time in the 4.x series.
>
> A change of this scope cannot be assumed to be a feature, probably rightly considered a bug, and should be addressed in the engine.
>
> Has this been filed as a bug report?

Actually it was introduced in 4.6.4; prior to that (going back to MC 3.5 at least), only buttons were created with a default name - all other objects were created without one. So LC 5 made it "consistent" (theoretically), but definitely unexpected, and with the possiblity of breaking scripts. I don't think it was logged as a bug, though...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/