Weird error when saving stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 7 21:36:55 CDT 2008

Shari wrote:
> It's as though the pathway to the stack got munged, but only on this one
> card.  I can save from the other cards.  The error:
>
> Can't save stack, error was:
> invalid URL: "/Users/myAccount/Desktop/someFolder/downhillFromHere"
>
> downhillFromHere should be "myFileName.rev"
>
> Instead it is:    the name of a folder in the same directory as
> someFolder, then the URL to an image I have on the internet.
>
> So somehow it swapped the name of the file with the URL of an image I've
> got uploaded to the internet.

It is possible to set the filename of a stack, even if it is already
saved and has a different file name to start with. If you do that,
you'll get a copy with the new name the next time you save it.

Does the script on that card do something like "set the filename of the
target"? And if so, is it possible that the target isn't the image but
is instead the stack? If so, then the engine would try to save a copy of
the stack with that filename, and since the filename it's using (with
trailing URL) is invalid, you'd get the error.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com