Font Chooser in MC-IDE 2.9 and 3.0b

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 21 16:06:56 CDT 2008

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
> Jacqueline wrote:
>
>> Good point, this has bothered me for a long time but I've been too
>> busy to look at it. I just tried a simple fix which seems to work, but
>> it needs testing. In the stack script of the Font Chooser, there is a
>> "mouseup" handler. It has a switch structure. If you add the "refresh"
>> command after the switch is done, it seems to work:
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>   if the selobj is empty then
>>     exit to MetaCard
>>   end if
>>   switch the short name of the owner of the target
>>     -- SWITCH STUFF HERE
>>   end switch
>>   refresh -- ADD THIS
>> end mouseUp
>

> Thanks Jacqueline for the hint, but that does not work for me here on
> Windows XP.

It doesn't work on Macs either, actually. :) I think I've found the fix
though, could you test it please?

In the Font Chooser stack script there is a "refresh" handler. Comment
out the line I've indicated:

on refresh
   -- exit refresh
   if the mode of me is 0
   then exit refresh
   if the selobj is empty then
     if the number of this card is not 2 then go to card 2
     exit refresh
   end if
   -- if the long id of the selobj is curobj then exit refresh --
COMMENT THIS

I think that should do it. You won't need to add "refresh" after the
mouseup handler as I suggested before. Does this work for you?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com