Engine 3.0 gm3 unable to open legacy stacks on MacOS?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sat Oct 18 04:45:31 CDT 2008

I am in the course of updating my old "MC-Player" (for mc and rev files)
using the 3.0. engine. One incentive to do this was to provide users of
some of my stacks with embedded dialogs a possibility to open them
without being annoyed by warnings and error messages in the Rev IDE.

On Windows (XP) this works fine, I can open stacks of all
stackfileversions, pre-2.7 and >2.7 (and I have included the option to
save 2.7-stacks as legacy stacks like in our MC IDE).

However, on my MacBook Pro the MC-Player only is able to open stacks
with stackfileversion 2.7. The mc- and re-extensions do not matter here.

I have now tried to open legacy stacks on MacOS with engine 3 both in
the Rev IDE and the Metacard IDE; all I get is either nothing or error
messages.

What are your experiences? Could this be somehow related to the problems
I described in my post to this list "Strange change of file associations
with Rev 3-gm-3" on Sept 20?-

Another question: Is there a way to start the 3.0 engine inside the MC
IDE and coming up as "Metacard" (like it was possible with earlier
versions)?
After I rename the "Revolution" file deep down in the OS bundle it
refuses to start.

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke