Font Chooser in MC-IDE 2.9 and 3.0b

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Oct 17 15:30:20 CDT 2008

Jacqueline wrote:

> Good point, this has bothered me for a long time but I've been too
> busy to look at it. I just tried a simple fix which seems to work, but
> it needs testing. In the stack script of the Font Chooser, there is a
> "mouseup" handler. It has a switch structure. If you add the "refresh"
> command after the switch is done, it seems to work:
>
> on mouseUp
>   if the selobj is empty then
>     exit to MetaCard
>   end if
>   switch the short name of the owner of the target
>     -- SWITCH STUFF HERE
>   end switch
>   refresh -- ADD THIS
> end mouseUp

Thanks Jacqueline for the hint, but that does not work for me here on
Windows XP.

I looked through the various scripts of the Font Chooser and tried
variations, but no luck so far. Even reactivating the bug fix in

> switch the short name of the owner of the target
>   case "Textfont"
>     ## -- bug fix 6/25/07 JLG
>     ## Not a bug really, just calling the wrong command ;-)
>    ##  if it = "none" then get empty
>     ## end bug fix
>
>     ## February 2008 KM
>     ## This way ALL selectedobjects get their textfont set!

made no difference.--

Have to return now to browsing through a 150-pages master's thesis about
bilingual education at schools in Oregon, which is surely interesting,
but very much lacks a sytematic scientific structure. Hope I can reach
an appropriate evaluation that satisfies all people involved.

Best regards,

Wilhelm