Engine 3.0 gm3 unable to open legacy stacks on MacOS?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sat Oct 18 14:21:00 CDT 2008

 Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

>What errors/warnings do you get?
>
>But I will also take a look a the appropriate "open" scripts i

Not necessary anymore! I found out that the legacy stacks got corrupted (that was one of the error messages) while I transferred them with a firewire connection from my G4 MacBook (OS 10.3.9) to my newer MacBook Pro - or maybe when transferring via an USB stick from Windows. Don't know exactly what was the cause, but will find out soon.

Legacy stacks created with Metacard 2.6.5 on my Macbook Pro *can* be opened with later engines and 3.0 in both IDEs.

>> Another question: Is there a way to start the 3.0 engine inside the
>> MC IDE and coming up as "Metacard" (like it was possible with
>> earlier versions)?
>> After I rename the "Revolution" file deep down in the OS bundle it
>> refuses to start.
>
> You will also have to change some strings in the "info.plist" inside
>
>the app bundle!
>I can send you an "empty" app bundle without the actual engine, if you
>like.

I would appreciate that very much. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Wilhelm