Engine 3.0 gm3 unable to open legacy stacks on MacOS?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Oct 18 13:49:29 CDT 2008

Klaus Major wrote:

>> Another question: Is there a way to start the 3.0 engine inside the MC
>> IDE and coming up as "Metacard" (like it was possible with earlier
>> versions)?
>> After I rename the "Revolution" file deep down in the OS bundle it
>> refuses to start.
>
> You will also have to change some strings in the "info.plist" inside the
> app bundle!
> I can send you an "empty" app bundle without the actual engine, if you
> like.

On a related note, this reminded me to update my MC Setup stack to
include a corrected plist file so that on OS X the MetaCard converted
app will recognize both mc and rev files natively. I've uploaded it to
the Yahoo group files area, and also here:

<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/revnet/metacard_setup102.zip>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com