Metacard compiles for Leopard

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Mon Nov 12 11:35:12 CST 2007

I'm still trying to find out why I'm being bombarded with Leopard
folks who cannot launch my app.  I don't even know where to begin to
unravel it.  One fellow is using the app successfully.  I don't know
how he differs from the other Leopard users, as there is only one
version of Leopard out.  Some of them have Macintel, some don't.
It's perplexing.

I do not know how to troubleshoot this issue.  Apparently nobody on
the Rev list is having the problem.  I've posted previously the few
things in my code that I thought might potentially be at issue but
the only feedback was that nobody else seems to be affected, and that
it's not Rev, so it must be me.

It occured to me that as I compile with Metacard, not Rev, and
hand-build the OSX app manually in the Contents folder, perhaps
there's something in this that is causing Leopard unhappiness.

What are you guys doing to make Leopard happy?  Or rather, what are
you doing DIFFERENTLY from what you did before.

I scoured the internet to see if there was some sort of list of
specifics Leopard broke, and all I could find was lists of
applications that broke, rather than specific things that Leopard
doesn't like.  Everybody lists all the new features, and all the
broken apps, but no specific detail to help troubleshoot my issue.
Even the Apple Developer site didn't provide a list of potential
gotchas, or it was well hidden.

Without knowing what sort of things make Leopard unhappy, I don't
even know where to begin to unravel it short of fumbling around in
the code making random guesses.  I've got the Needle in a Haystack
feeling, clueless as to what is making it unhappy.

This is very frustrating.

I've got 2.8.1gm-3 and am trying to find if there are any newer
builds in the 2.8.1 series, in case that is the issue.

The main Rev site only shows 2.9.

The ftp site doesn't have the 281 series:
ftp://ftp.runrev.com/pub/revolution/downloads/engines/

I thought perhaps my particular build was the cause of the Leopard
incompatibility.

Shari
--
WlND0WS and MAClNT0SH shareware games