MetaCard IDE

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Nov 9 20:21:31 CST 2007

Bryan,

I have stacks with substacks that make Revolution very unhappy, and
don't allow me to create standalones.  Yet in Metacard everything
works fine, no problems, happy standalones.  If you get the Metacard
IDE up and running and use it to do your standalones, that may solve
your problem.

Of course, you could also try another trick I learned.  Rename the
substack.  If it's called "Execution Error" then rename it to
"xExecution Error" or something.

Then when your main stack opens, have it check the environment to see
if it's a standalone or whether you're in MC/Rev and it's still just
a stack.  If it's a standalone, it can rename the embedded stack back
to its original name and MC/Rev will recognize it.  It will not
"save" the name as standalones cannot save changes within themselves.
So when the standalone quits it becomes "xExecution Error" again.

This is a way to "fool" the engine so that it doesn't get confused.
Especially when you're editing the stack and MC/Rev has a stack with
the same name.

Shari

--
WlND0WS and MAClNT0SH shareware games