Runtime versions

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Mar 29 05:09:08 CDT 2007

Hi Signe Marie,

> Hello Richard
>
> I will try to describe what I found out. On Windows I have checked
> the properties for both the engine (mc.exe) and the
> mcStandalone.exe. Both display version 2.8.0.370 and Revolution,
> there are no traces of HyperResearch, ResearchWare which appear
> after I have made a
> standalone. The mcHome when opened states Metacard 2.8. The tools-
> file dates from 26.3.
>
> So far so good. In the IDE when I under the Tools- menu open the
> Standalone Builder the stack name is "Standalone Builder 2.7.3".
> When I try to toplevel this last stack, the program answer "can't
> find stack" (even if it is in front of me). I then try: toplevel
> "Standalone Builder" and another stack opens. I build a standalone
> with the last stack, but still I get HyperResearch etc.

these strings are stored in the custom property set "resource_values"
of cd 1 of the standalone builder stack.
If you do not enter your own info in the "Windows Version Info"
dialog, then these values will be build into the standalone.
So it is a good idea to fill out (even with spaces) all the fields in
the "Windows Version" stack.

I will of course remove these "hyperresearch" leftovers for the next
IDE.

> Den 28. mar. 2007 kl. 17:07 skrev Richard Gaskin:
>
>> Signe Marie Sanne wrote:
>>> On Windows in the properties for a standalone under Description
>>> appears HyperRESEARCH  ??
>>
>> My apologies.  About four builds ago I had left those strings in
>> when I saved the IDE.  I had thought the last build I'd worked on
>> had removed those, but perhaps not.
>>
>> --
>>  Richard Gaskin
>>  Fourth World Media Corporation