Runtime versions

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Fri Mar 30 02:00:18 CDT 2007

Den 29. mar. 2007 kl. 12:09 skrev Klaus Major:

> Hi Signe Marie,
>
>> Hello Richard
>>
>> I will try to describe what I found out. On Windows I have checked
>> the properties for both the engine (mc.exe) and the
>> mcStandalone.exe. Both display version 2.8.0.370 and Revolution,
>> there are no traces of HyperResearch, ResearchWare which appear
>> after I have made a
>> standalone. The mcHome when opened states Metacard 2.8. The tools-
>> file dates from 26.3.
>>
>> So far so good. In the IDE when I under the Tools- menu open the
>> Standalone Builder the stack name is "Standalone Builder 2.7.3".
>> When I try to toplevel this last stack, the program answer "can't
>> find stack" (even if it is in front of me). I then try: toplevel
>> "Standalone Builder" and another stack opens. I build a standalone
>> with the last stack, but still I get HyperResearch etc.
>
> these strings are stored in the custom property set
> "resource_values" of cd 1 of the standalone builder stack.
> If you do not enter your own info in the "Windows Version Info"
> dialog, then these values will be build into the standalone.
> So it is a good idea to fill out (even with spaces) all the fields
> in the "Windows Version" stack.
>
> I will of course remove these "hyperresearch" leftovers for the
> next IDE.

Hello Klaus
I'm still intrigued by the strange things happening. I open MC 2.8,
toplevel "standalone Builder", remove the cust prop set and saves it.
But again, when I try to make a standalone, the window states
"Standalone Builder 2.7.3" and nothing is changed. Your suggestion of
making a settings.sabu file works for me, so I can still go on making
the standalones until your next release of the IDE.
Signe Marie