Unix Bsd Standalone on a Mac

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jun 17 21:34:32 CDT 2007

Bryan H wrote:

> My question is whether it is even possible to get a BSD standalone to
> run through a terminal window on a OS X Mac? Perhaps there a trick to
> getting the system to recognize it properly as an executable? Or do have
> have to boot into a pure Unix system to run the standalone? I was
> thinking that I could test things out on my Mac before I went in to put
> this on a pure Unix system.

I don't think you ever got an answer to this, and to be honest, I'm not
sure myself. But I know that for CGI work, we can't use the native unix
engines on OS X, we need to use a special "Darwin" build. If that's a
universal requirement, then I'd say you couldn't use BSD standalones
either and you'll need to find a native machine for testing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com