Automated setup file uploaded

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Wed Jul 18 04:20:12 CDT 2007

On Jul 17, 2007, at 9:58 PM, Tariel Gogoberidze wrote:

> Well, the question is where to save this information. The least
> intrusive method would be probably to external file?
> In this case something like script below may probably do it...

Sorry, I wrote that script off the top of my head, the one below at
least have some theoretical chance to work .. :)

on RememberIDEstacksPositions
   put StoragePositionsPath () into FL
   if there is a file FL then
     put url ("file:"&FL) into tPositions
     repeat for each line L in tPositions
       put item 2 to 3 of L into tArray [item 1 of L]
     end repeat
   end if
   put the openStacks into tOpenStacksList
   set the itemDel to "/"
   put "mchome.mc/mctools.mc/mchelp.mc" into tMCIDEstacks
   repeat for each line L in tOpenStacksList
     if last item of the effective filename of stack L is among the
items of tMCIDEstacks then
       put the loc of stack L into tArray [L]
     end if
   end repeat
   combine tArray using cr and comma
   put tArray into url ("file:"&FL)
end RememberIDEstacksPositions

on RestoreIDEstackPositions tStack
  -- tStack = IDE stack that is opening
   put StoragePositionsPath () into FL
   if there is a file FL then
     put url ("file:"&FL) into tPositions
     repeat for each line L in tPositions
       if item 1 of L = tStack then
         set the loc of stack tStack to (item 2 to 3 of L)
         -- if user changed resolution or monitor
         put the windowBoundingRect into tMonitorRect
         if (the left of stack tStack) + 10 > item 3 of tMonitorRect then
           set the left of stack tStack to the left of stack tStack -
100 -- to make it accessable
         end if
         if the top of stack tStack > item 4 of tMonitorRect then
           set the top of stack tStack to item 4 of tMonitorRect - 100
         end if
       end if
     end repeat
   end if
end RestoreIDEstackPositions

function StoragePositionsPath
   set the itemDel to "/"
   return item 1 to -2 of the effective fileName of stack "home" &
"/IDEstackPositions.txt"
end StoragePositionsPath