Automated setup file uploaded

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jul 18 06:40:55 CDT 2007

Hi Tariel,

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:12:41 -0500, "J. Landman Gay"  wrote:

> So, in case read / write IDE stack positions to external file is
> acceptable idea, any thoughts about ..
> 1) what should be the trigger to write IDE stack positions to
> file?  shutdownRequest in Home stack? )

I think "mctools" will be the candidate for writing prefs.
The user might close the home stack to gain screen space before
quitting MC.

> 2) What should be the trigger to read external file ? (preOpenStack
> in "McTools.mc" and "home" stacks?

"home" sounds good, since this will be loaded first anyway.

> Or may be somebody has better idea where to save such info?

In to the platform-specific prefs folders of course!

Richard and I are planning to save everything that MC needs to save
into an external file,
so no stack will have to be saved in the future.

Mabe in some kind of XML format.

> best regards
> Tariel

Best