MetaCard Standalone builder

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jul 17 17:21:32 CDT 2007

I was starting to think about creating the standalone-building engines
in the MetaCard Setup utility I just released, when I thought, wouldn't
it be better if we didn't need to create special copies of MetaCard to
build with? So I altered my copy of the standalone builder so that it
works with engines named either "MetaCard" or "Standalone" (the last is
what Rev uses for its runtime engines.) Seems to work okay, though I
didn't test it very much. But on my Mac I was able to build a simple
standalone by pointing the SB to Revolution's "Runtime" folder and
choosing either the Mac or Windows standalone engines.

Would this be a preferable change? It's only four new lines of script,
but I'd feel better if some people tested it before we use it.

If you want to try it out, edit the script of the Build button in the
Standalone Builder. Inside the first "if" clause, you'll see this:

    if tExtension is ".app" then
       get shell("cp -R" && quote & EngineFile & quote && quote &
DestFile & quote)
       if it is not empty then
         answer error "Error copying engine file."
         exit to MetaCard
       end if
       put "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" after EngineFile
       put "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" after DestFile
     end if

Comment out the last couple of lines and change it to this:

if tExtension is ".app" then
       get shell("cp -R" && quote & EngineFile & quote && quote &
DestFile & quote)
       if it is not empty then
         answer error "Error copying engine file."
         exit to MetaCard
       end if
       # put "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" after EngineFile
       # put "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" after DestFile
       put engineFile & "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" into tTempName
       if there is no file tTempName then put engineFile &
"/Contents/MacOS/Standalone" into tTempName
       put tTempName into engineFile
       put destFile & "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" into tTempName
       if there is no file tTempName then put destFile &
"/Contents/MacOS/Standalone" into tTempName
       put tTempName into destFile
     end if

See if it works.
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com