Stack blendlevel

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Thu Sep 14 15:04:51 CDT 2006

Thank you for the confirmation Scott. Bit  difficult for re-sizable windows,
though. The words 'drawing board' and 'back'  come to mind.

/H

> I read the readMe about the new  object-level opacity and must be missing
> something. How do I get a stack  to be semi-transparent but have specified
> objects fully  opaque?

You can't do this with blendLevel -- this property affects the  stack and
thus everything displayed in it.

The only way you can do  selective masking like you describe is to create a
PNG the size of your stack  to use as a windowShape that has opaque regions
where your controls will be,  and transparency everywhere else.  If the
positions of your controls  will change at all, you will need to have
multiple PNGs and reset the  windowShape every time the positions of your
controls change.