Stack blendlevel

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Sep 14 08:53:57 CDT 2006

Recently, FlexibleLearning at aol.com wrote:

> I read the readMe about the new object-level opacity and must be missing
> something. How do I get a stack to be semi-transparent but have specified
> objects fully opaque?

You can't do this with blendLevel -- this property affects the stack and
thus everything displayed in it.

The only way you can do selective masking like you describe is to create a
PNG the size of your stack to use as a windowShape that has opaque regions
where your controls will be, and transparency everywhere else.  If the
positions of your controls will change at all, you will need to have
multiple PNGs and reset the windowShape every time the positions of your
controls change.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director