Standalone build in MC

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Sep 2 13:33:54 CDT 2006

Shari wrote:

> That reminds me... far as I could tell the Rev standalone builder would
> use my own customized pList file during builds.  That would be NICE!
>
> As it stands, after building on Mac OSX, I have to go into the Contents
> folder and replace the Metacard icons with my own, rename all Metacard
> named things with a custom name, replace the pList and pkgInfo file, and
> add files that I wish to include.
>
> Can the Rev builder handle all of this?  Even where to put custom stacks
> in the Contents folder?

Yes. In theory anyway. There are options for all of those things in
Rev's standalone  builder.

In practice, the SB does not always add  your icons and plist even if
you tell it to. (On Windows builds it does add the icons correctly; the
omission is only on OS X.) That isn't a big deal for me, I generally
just replace them later with my own. But sometimes it does work. I
haven't figured out what the trigger is.

What does always work for me is entering the info into the fields in the
SB General pane. The plist it creates from the field information is
always correct and always included. I generally do it that way.  You
only have to enter the data once; after that it will remember.

To include external files -- either stacks or other kinds of files, such
as text files -- add them in the "Copy Files" pane. They will be
included as part of the standalone folder in a Windows build, and inside
the app bundle on an OS X build.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com