Successful Macintel standalone build in MC

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Sep 2 10:07:13 CDT 2006

>Right, the standalone builder requires that the engine file is named
>"MetaCard". The problem is probably with the plist file inside the
>bundle. Open that in a text editor and replace all instances of
>"MetaCardCarbonMach-0" with plain "MetaCard". Then rename the engine
>inside Contents/Mac OS to "MetaCard". That should fix both launching
>and standalone building.

I think it's soup!

I have created a Macintel build of the complicated happy stack using
Metacard 2.7.  It launches.  It appears to be working.

You were right about the pList file.  I had looked at it, but the
CarbonMach-0 part hadn't jumped out at me.

I did however, change everything in the final build to Gold instead
of Metacard.  I know I have been doing that as long as I've been
using Metacard.  I no longer remember why.

It could be that somewhere a window came up with Metacard that should
have said Blackjack Gold.  Or perhaps I had the notion that if I
created many different apps, each should have its own identity so
that they would not cause confusion or overwrite each other in some
way.

But, the real goodie is, I think it's soup!

I did not alter the built in ask/answer/message box stacks in any
way.  All of the stacks that were originally built in, stayed that
way, including Execution Error and libUrl.  Wanted to at least try to
do it the easy way before dissecting the whole project :-D    Let's
call it... testing backwards compatibility :-D

libUrl still works.  Ask still works.  Answer still works.  Cannot
test Execution Error specifically.  That will only come into it if a
bug got past me :-)

There were only three things I found offhand that needed to be dealt
with.  Changing the About screen to say Made with Revolution instead
of Metacard.  Pointing the Preferences menu item that seemed to
appear out of nowhere to the proper place.  And finding out why the
Uninstaller doesn't delete the desktop alias as it did before.  Don't
know if this is Macintel related or if it is related to the new
engine and my existing code.

But the main thing is, it's soup!  Thank YOU yet again, Jacque.  You
need a whole wall for Dreamboat awards :-)

Shari
--
Gypsy King Software
Mac and Windows shareware games