Rev vs Metacard GUI

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Sep 1 11:02:58 CDT 2006

Okay, so this stack was supposed to be a simple one, no sweating for
the new MC or Rev...

(laughing)

There is no such thing as a simple stack...

The stack is for me only, it is not likely to ever be released.  So
it is configured to make me happy.  The dimensions are 1131x814.

On the new Macintel, opening the stack produces the following in
three MC versions:

MC 2.4.3 - Opens exactly as I left it.

MC 2.7.3 - Opens with dimensions 1092x814 (makes room for the Dock -
which is always visible).  I change the dimensions to 1131x814 and
save the stack.  Quit out of MC.  Relaunch.  Reopen the stack.  No
matter what I do, on reopening the stack, it resized to 1092x814.
Tried setting the min and max width of the stack as well as setting
the Resizeable to false.  No go.

Rev 2.7.3 - Opens with dimensions of 1092x786 (makes room for the
dock and presumably a menubar?  Even though it has a menubar?)  I
change the dimensions to 1131x814 and save the stack.  Set the min
and max width to the desired dimensions.  Set the Resizeable to
false.  Save and quit.  Relaunch.  It is again resized to the smaller
size.

So far, the 2.7.3 engine is not allowing me to have the stack
dimensions that I want.  It keeps resizing the stack.  Interesting
that the MC IDE and Rev IDE change the dimensions in different ways.

Final solution (a workaround):

on preOpenStack
   set the height of this stack to 814
   set the width of this stack to 1131
   set the topleft of this stack to "20,48"
end preOpenStack

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com