Reporting Metacard Bugs

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun May 14 18:10:08 CDT 2006

On 5/14/06 6:02 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Ken Ray wrote:
>
>> OK, I installed Ubuntu Breezy Badger and did some testing and here's what I
>> discovered:
>>
>> 1) Floating palettes just aren't... if you palette a stack and ask for its
>> style, it comes back as "toplevel", and acts like a toplevel stack.
>>
>> 2) For the reason stated in (1), all stacks open with default decorations -
>> this causes the palettes (tools, properties) and modeless windows (like the
>> Message Box) to display the minimize, maximize and close boxes (or if the
>> 'resizable' of the stack is false, the maximize button is not displayed).
>>
>> (So, Bob, you shouldn't even be *able* to minimize those stacks - they are
>> supposed to only have a close box.)
>
> In Revolution, the message box is a palette. But in MC, at least in OS
> X, my message box is modeless with all three buttons. I can minimize,
> maximize, and close it. So I think the message box decorations are
> correct in MC Linux, it is just the behavior that isn't.

Well, sort of... the Message Box is modeless in Windows too, but it doesn't
have all three buttons - it only has a close box, and so I wonder which one
is "right" (i.e. close box only (as in Windows), or all three decorations
(as in Mac))?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/