Reporting Metacard Bugs

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun May 14 21:27:13 CDT 2006

Ken Ray wrote:
> On 5/14/06 6:02 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
>> Ken Ray wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I installed Ubuntu Breezy Badger and did some testing and here's what I
>>> discovered:
>>>
>>> 1) Floating palettes just aren't... if you palette a stack and ask for its
>>> style, it comes back as "toplevel", and acts like a toplevel stack.
>>>
>>> 2) For the reason stated in (1), all stacks open with default decorations -
>>> this causes the palettes (tools, properties) and modeless windows (like the
>>> Message Box) to display the minimize, maximize and close boxes (or if the
>>> 'resizable' of the stack is false, the maximize button is not displayed).
>>>
>>> (So, Bob, you shouldn't even be *able* to minimize those stacks - they are
>>> supposed to only have a close box.)
>> In Revolution, the message box is a palette. But in MC, at least in OS
>> X, my message box is modeless with all three buttons. I can minimize,
>> maximize, and close it. So I think the message box decorations are
>> correct in MC Linux, it is just the behavior that isn't.
>
> Well, sort of... the Message Box is modeless in Windows too, but it doesn't
> have all three buttons - it only has a close box, and so I wonder which one
> is "right" (i.e. close box only (as in Windows), or all three decorations
> (as in Mac))?

I think close-only is "right" -- I'm getting the same behavior Bob
reports when I minimize the message box. Not only does it disappear, so
do all open stack windows, and there's no getting them back. So let's
make it so we can't do that. It should just be a matter of setting the
window style, at least in Mac, right?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com