MC IDE: Passing the Poohbah torch and more (Richard Gaskin)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 23 12:17:04 CDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:

>  > Concerning default object sizes (when you create a new object) Rev has
>  > it done very nicely in "Preferences / Object sizes"
>  > May be Klaus would consider to add such tab to MC IDE preferences
>  > stack and make it optional ?
>  >
>  > That's one of few features I personally like in Rev ID and I'm
>  > imitating it by setting default sizes in  "on NewButton", "On
>  > NewField" etc in script of stack Home.
>
> This raises a question:  To what degree should we consider enhancing the
> MC IDE?

I'd still vote for minimal changes. However, I don't see any harm in
pre-setting default objects to their OS-compliant sizes. This could be
done when the mctools stack opens, and the template objects could just
be quietly set. I'm not sure we even need a prefs tab for it; I think
it's just buttons that matter, right? I bet hardly anyone would even notice.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com