MC 2.7

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Feb 16 01:12:11 CST 2006

Yeah, I agree. I tend to be more 'free' on this list than use-rev. And
count me to blame a bit for the Windows testing, but frankly, sometimes
I have time for testing, and other times I just don't.

The testing process is a difficult one, but there are convential
practices for doing it-- many take lots of time and money.

When we used to develop CD-ROMs for big customers like Disney, we HAD to
get it right the first time, as you can't recall 150,000 SKU's at XMAS
time. We ended up paying big dollars to have testing labs do round the
clock testing of beta and golden master versions.

One of the great things (which I've been preaching for awhile) is the
new updatability of 2.7. This enables Rev to go to market and then fix
any anomalies easily at a later date. I hope Rev uses this to it's
advantage. I mean, look how many releases WinXP has! It's constantly
updating itself.

best,

Chipp