MC Standalones in Rev and MC IDEs (was: MC 2.7)

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Feb 16 02:35:18 CST 2006

and  "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> responded:

> I wonder if we will be able to fix it. The engine has changed
> completely, and standalones no longer attach the stack to the engine the
> way it used to (which means the de-compiling script that was just posted
> to the list doesn't work any more either.) We may need some help from
> the RR team.
>
> I didn't have any trouble building a standalone within Rev 2.7 though.

May this is public knowledge in the meantime, I will post it anyway:

Building standalones with the 2.7 engine in the Metacard IDE on Windows
XP works without problems here.

You need to include the file "standalone" in the middle field of the MC
Standalone Builder (to be found in the "Runtime/Windows/x86-32" folder
of the Revolution files) instead of the engine MC.exe or Revolution.exe.
I did not try out for MacOS, but I assume the procedure must be similar
with the "Standalone.app" bundle in the neighbouring Revolution folder
"Runtime/Mac OS X/PowerPC-32".

If a MC stack is used in the Rev IDE, you cannot build a standalone of a
stack with a mc-extension, you have to change it to "rev".

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>