Happy Time of Year

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sat Dec 23 11:38:57 CST 2006

On 23 Dec 2006, at 14:27, Shari wrote:

> As for your neighbors who sent a goat to Malawi, which was a very
> happy heartfelt gesture, did they truly save enough money on not
> sending cards to buy a whole goat?  Are cards and postage that
> expensive?  Or do they know that many people?  Or are goats that
> cheap?

I'm not sure if they actually saved money. I'm pretty sure they said
the goat cost £24 (sterling), which sounds cheap to me. I suppose
this is at Malawai prices, so it may be the equivalent of a luxury
yacht over there. (I'm assuming they didn't actually send the goat,
but subscribed to some service which supplies locally reared goats.
We don't have a big goat industry in Scotland.) Of course, we should
factor in the time saved on writing the cards. And plenty of people
turned up to drink the mulled wine.

> Note:  I love Christmas.

Me too. Very best wishes. And to that lucky fella of yours too.

Dave