Standalone build in MC

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 31 22:01:19 CDT 2006

Shari wrote:

> At the moment, Runtime engine is set up as follows:  the application is
> called MetaCardCarbon.app, in the Resources folder it is
> MetaCardCarbonMach-0.rsc, and in the MacOS folder it is
> MetaCardCarbonMach-0.
>
> The Standalone Builder says:  Can't Open Engine.

Right, the standalone builder requires that the engine file is named
"MetaCard". The problem is probably with the plist file inside the
bundle. Open that in a text editor and replace all instances of
"MetaCardCarbonMach-0" with plain "MetaCard". Then rename the engine
inside Contents/Mac OS to "MetaCard". That should fix both launching and
standalone building.

> When I simply name the actual engine Metacard, and change none of the
> other stuff, it builds.  But... it will not open.  It says the
> application may be damaged or incomplete.
>
> I tried renaming the other stuff to match the CarbonMach-0, but that
> failed as well.

Backwards. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com