Epiphany...

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Aug 31 21:19:40 CDT 2006

Had an epiphany about building the standalone with the Rev IDE.  If
the stack is closed, then there shouldn't be a conflict.  And in MC,
the stack does not need to be opened before building the standalone.

So... launched Rev... but the standalone builder isn't accessible
until you open the stack.  So much for the epiphany.  Thought I'd try
it anyway.  Made some selections in the builder (hopefully the ones
that match...)

The little watch started ticking.  It's going on 4 minutes and as far
as I know, it is still building.  I think someone else mentioned this
with the Rev IDE recently.  That it builds instantly with the MC IDE.

I have a question.  In the Rev IDE standalone builder it wants to
know if I want to password protect any embedded stacks.  I've already
done that manually.  So I did not do it again in the builder.  Will
it strip the existing password if I don't tell it to password protect
during the build?  Is password protecting a stack that will be
embedded now defunct, as it will be protected during the build if I
specify so?

It finally topped out at 8 minutes and ended up with an error.  It
apparently didn't build.  And didn't tell me why not :-(

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com