Standalone to Paypal direct

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Mon Aug 14 09:53:07 CDT 2006

>can't you create a direct link on the PayPal page to YOUR PayPal page?
>The result will be a very long ONE-liner that one can also use in
>e-mail like this:

You mean an email link?  You've been using Paypal email links from
your standalones successfully?

I have not tried that.

The last time I tried to use a customized very long email link in
something it did not properly work.  I had attempted to prefill the
body of the email partway.  I don't recall why.  I might have been
creating a Feature Request/Bug Report button, and prefilling some
info regarding what version they had, computer info if it was a Bug
Report, etc.  It was quite a long while ago and the memory is fuzzy
:-)

It stumbled over the prefilled body of the message, cutting it off partway.

Sounds like a good idea to try, though.  Anything that streamlines
the purchase process usually results in more purchases.  I discovered
recently after studying some logs that more people get to the Buy
page than actually buy.  So something is stopping them at that page.
Once they get there, they've already made the decision to buy, but
drop out at the last hour.  I could increase my sales quite a bit if
I figure out what that something is and fix it.

I know they go directly to the page from within the program.  So I
was thinking if that just took them to Paypal with the specifics
already there bypassing the website form, maybe it would do the trick
:-)

Biggest trouble I've had with people ordering this year is my
original payment processor (Kagi) turned on Verified by Visa.  When
they did that, sales stopped to dead zero.  Just wham.  That one
change by Kagi flipped my boat bottom up.  So I put Paypal at the top
of the mountain, and steer people to Paypal first, though Kagi is
still available to them.  Even though Kagi says they turned that
"feature" back off, I do not want to change everything back again, as
I make more money with a Paypal sale :-)  Kagi charges me 2.25 per
sale versus Paypal's 88 cents.  Pretty significant.

Anyway when I steered people to Paypal, sales magically started
appearing again.  Amazing how one change affects sales.

I'm about to release a new version so it's a good time to change the menu...

Shari
Gypsy King Software
--
Mac and Windows shareware games