Standalone to Paypal direct

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Aug 14 11:07:27 CDT 2006

Hi Shari,

>> can't you create a direct link on the PayPal page to YOUR PayPal
>> page?
>> The result will be a very long ONE-liner that one can also use in
>> e-mail like this:
>
> You mean an email link?  You've been using Paypal email links from
> your standalones successfully?

See my shareware "Quick-O" and my freeware "The Exporter"!

Same as the "Donate" button on my website -> Freeware
which noone ever used so far ;-)

> I have not tried that.

Give it a try, works fine.

> The last time I tried to use a customized very long email link in
> something it did not properly work.  I had attempted to prefill the
> body of the email partway.  I don't recall why.  I might have been
> creating a Feature Request/Bug Report button, and prefilling some
> info regarding what version they had, computer info if it was a Bug
> Report, etc.  It was quite a long while ago and the memory is
> fuzzy :-)
>
> It stumbled over the prefilled body of the message, cutting it off
> partway.
>
> Sounds like a good idea to try, though.  Anything that streamlines
> the purchase process usually results in more purchases.  I
> discovered recently after studying some logs that more people get
> to the Buy page than actually buy.  So something is stopping them
> at that page. Once they get there, they've already made the
> decision to buy, but drop out at the last hour.  I could increase
> my sales quite a bit if I figure out what that something is and fix
> it.
>
> I know they go directly to the page from within the program.  So I
> was thinking if that just took them to Paypal with the specifics
> already there bypassing the website form, maybe it would do the
> trick :-)
>
> Biggest trouble I've had with people ordering this year is my
> original payment processor (Kagi) turned on Verified by Visa.  When
> they did that, sales stopped to dead zero.  Just wham.  That one
> change by Kagi flipped my boat bottom up.  So I put Paypal at the
> top of the mountain, and steer people to Paypal first, though Kagi
> is still available to them.  Even though Kagi says they turned that
> "feature" back off, I do not want to change everything back again,
> as I make more money with a Paypal sale :-)  Kagi charges me 2.25
> per sale versus Paypal's 88 cents.  Pretty significant.

Yep, KAGI is also not very friendly to non-usa-resident developers.

I still have about 88 bucks there on an old account but they ONLY
send cheques
and when i bring that to my local bank they charge me about 30 EUROS
(sic!!!) for
that non-service :-(

Other ways of transferring the money are even more expensive, at
least to/in europe.

> Anyway when I steered people to Paypal, sales magically started
> appearing again.  Amazing how one change affects sales.
>
> I'm about to release a new version so it's a good time to change
> the menu...
>
> Shari
> Gypsy King Software
> --