metacard Digest, Vol 31, Issue 12

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Fri Apr 28 00:31:26 CDT 2006

On  Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:44:36 -0700, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>>> Can any of you think of a reason those menus aren't in a menu group?
>>
>> I'm sure it is historical, based on 'nix and Windows behaviors which
>> came first. But...sometimes I need those other menus. For example,
>> when
>> I paste styled text into a script editor and I want to make it plain
>> text, I use the OS menu to set the textfont to "none". Stuff like
>> that.
>>
>> So if you move the menus, I'd like to see any relevant OS menus
>> incorporated.
>
> Now that we have clipboardData I should just modify that to paste only
> the text without the style info.
>
> Any others?

Not to be considered as an objection, but if Script Editor menus would
be moved, it would be many moons  before I retrain my fingers to move
mouse pointer to the new place. Motor memory, you know :)

Also, if you move Script Editor menus to menubar, I hope at least
command + F  would look for TopStack to distinguish what to do because
currently command + F displays very different find dialogs in Script
Editor and in general IDE

When I need to find some variable in script, command + C -> command + F
--> command + V -> enter key sequence is more than motor skill, it's
almost unconditional reflex and I would feel "disabled" without it.

Same goes with command+ G (find again in script editor) as opposed to
command + G (group) in general IDE

best regards
Tariel