Set Marker --?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 27 23:39:06 CDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> In the MC IDE Script Editor's Edit menu there's an item named "Set
> Marker".  I don't see any code in that menu to support it.
>
> What does it do, and how does it do it?

There isn't any code. I had suggested it to Scott when we were
discussing the revised script editor, but he never implemented it. I was
always surprised to see it was in the menus, but I think he forgot about it.

It is supposed to set a line of commented script that you can jump to --
something like the Rev "set bookmark" feature, but more similar to the
(I believe superior) way HyperCard used to do it. The commented string
always starts with a defined word, and the menu item would just do a
line search for a comment marker + the defined keyword, then scroll the
script to that point.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com