O/T for Klaus

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jul 21 11:49:55 CDT 2005

Hi Shari,

(latscho dives, romeza)
Sorry, but do you speak "romanes", a bit maybe?
Or are "irish" gypsies a totally different thing from
the "european" Sinti and Roma?

I had been working with some gypsy guys, played the bass in
some "sinti jazz" bands (a la Django Reinhardt), so i know some
"romanes" terms (and a LOT of swing tunes) :-)

>> I am stressed, since we will be moving end of next week* and now
>> we are painting
>> the old flat, painting the new flat, put zillion things into
>> zillion boxes and hope it
>> won't rain :-)
>>
>> *in the same city fortunately...
>>

>> Best from germanski
>>
>> Klaus Major
>>

> Klaus,
>
> We moved a few months ago in the pouring rain.  We had an open
> trailer to move with.  Just a flatbed trailer with four walls.
>
> We put a tarp down, bigger than the trailer, stacked our stuff, and
> put a tarp over it all overlapping the bottom tarp.  We tied the
> heck out of the thing.  We must have made 15 trips this way, 3
> hours roundtrip each time.  Wasn't fun but everything arrived in
> one piece and dry.
>
> We moved in September, and we are STILL not settled.  Hoo-eeee!
> Talk about a lot of work!  A whole room full of boxes to figure out
> what to do with still.  We're just now hanging pictures.  Just so
> much we want to do!
>
> Good luck, and just remember one thing...
>
> You will survive it :-)  The worst of it will be over soon.....

thanks a lot for your commiseration!

Actually, we had been moving about 2 years ago and the last box
had been folded and put into our cellar rooms about a month ago... :-D

But anyway, we will make it somehow and we have a CLOSED trailer
fortunately :-)

> Shari
> --
> Mac and Windows shareware games