FipsIDE

Wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Sat Feb 12 12:52:26 EST 2005

> Re: FipsIDE
>
> Richard Gaskin
> Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:08:32 -0800
> Tariel Gogoberidze wrote:
> on 1/24/05 12:01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

>>> I just uploaded the alpha to:
>>>

>>> It's a far cry from where it's headed, but at least the raw basics
>>> are
>>> in place, switching from Rev to MC within the same session.
>>

>> Works great. I even tried it on OS 9 and it worked fine. Eventually
>> Rev
>> Crashed when I chose "newobj" backscript from your tool palette
>> (4wDev). Was
>> not a hard crash, just "application unexpectedly quit" finder
>> message. Again
>> this was on OS 9.
>>

>  That's what I meant by a "hard crash", as opposed to a script
> execution error.
>

> Do you recall how many times you flipped back and forth before it
> failed?
>

> Thanks for the info -
>

> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

Hi,

A bit late but i didn't find this reply in the digest.

Here are a couple of observations on the use of FlipsIDE

First test:
When using it for first time
   --> Rev menu bar shows  text + icons
   ==> After a couple of "flips" --> crash (2 times was minimal record)

   --> Then changing rev menubar to only show text
   ==> no crashes when just switching back and forth (stopped after 40
times)
   ==> also no crashes anymore when reusing the icon + text menu bar and
just switching back and forth

Next test:
   --> rev menubar only showing text
        + When on MC side open tools palette and control browser  every
time

   ==> when switching back to rev
           - the icons are showing in the rect of the text size menubar
           - in the view menu the toolbar text and the toolbar icons are
selected while the size of the toolbar is the size of the text toolbar

           !!! trying to switch to metacard again is "only" possible
after reselecting revolution in the pulldown menu button of FlipsIDE
               Seems in relation to the closing of windows of the MC IDE
"after" the reloading of rev

   ==>  after a couple of this "flips" --> crash again

Anyway this is a "very" nice project, thank you mr Gaskin.

Hope this is of any use.
Greetings,
WA

PS
For old times sake ( I like the beautiful simple ugliness of the MC
home stack) I tried out a couple of changes  to show the MC home stack
when flipping to MC as an obvious indication of MC-mode (the name in
the menu bar is still indicating Revolution when flipped to MC). I did
this by cloning the home stack and renaming it (home2), placing it in
the RR folder and adapting a copy of the mctools stack for this
changes. This solved most of the prefs problems at first sight (if not
all, I didn't thoroughly test yet).