Basic scrollbar question

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Sep 22 13:21:14 EDT 2004

On 9/22/04 10:30 AM, "david at anon.nu" <david at anon.nu> wrote:

> Ken Ray wrote:
>
>>> Also not sure how to control the marks - it would make sense if they
>>> were representing the pageInc value - but it is a smaller setting.
>>>

>> It actually represents the pageInc value *plus one* (I'm assuming for the
>> "0" setting). So if I set up a scale with a min of 0 and a max of 100, with
>> a pageInc of 10 and a lineInc of 1, I'll get 11 tick marks, for:
>>
>> 0  10  20  30  40  50  60  70  80  90  100
>>

> Well actually not: if you set the pageInc to 11 you get the thumb to
> jump 10 steps,

That's true, but I'd set it the pageInc to 10 not 11...

> but the markers see to be separated in steps of 8.3 (ie
> 83 / 10)
>
> To get tick marks like this (for the scale running from 0 -100):
>
>     0    10    20    30    40    50    60    70    80    90   100
>
> You need to set the pageInc to 12 ! And then of course clicking on the
> scroll bar jumps 11. Seems logical :)

Well, I get slightly different results, but the issue is the same. After
checking again here's how I got the 0-100 with the proper tick marks:

startValue = 0
endValue = 100
pageInc = 9
lineInc = 1

But you're right that clicking on the scrollbar jumps every 9 -  and if you
want to jump every 10, you need to set the pageInc to 11, which screws
everything up.

Sounds like a bug to me...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software