Basic scrollbar question

david at anon.nu david at anon.nu
Wed Sep 22 17:30:35 EDT 2004

Ken Ray wrote:

>>Also not sure how to control the marks - it would make sense if they
>>were representing the pageInc value - but it is a smaller setting.
>>

>It actually represents the pageInc value *plus one* (I'm assuming for the
>"0" setting). So if I set up a scale with a min of 0 and a max of 100, with
>a pageInc of 10 and a lineInc of 1, I'll get 11 tick marks, for:
>
>0  10  20  30  40  50  60  70  80  90  100

Well actually not: if you set the pageInc to 11 you get the thumb to
jump 10 steps, but the markers see to be separated in steps of 8.3 (ie
83 / 10)

To get tick marks like this (for the scale running from 0 -100):

    0    10    20    30    40    50    60    70    80    90   100

You need to set the pageInc to 12 ! And then of course clicking on the
scroll bar jumps 11. Seems logical :)

Can someone confirm this with recent engines?