For goodness sake!

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 15:35:12 EDT 2004

Hi Klaus,

Not entirely true. v2.5 prohibited "set/get script" and  "copy [obj]" in
password protected stacks, but "clone" has always been  available.

My points:
[1] I can appreciate protecting script and  copying access to prevent
circumventing protected stacks, but "clone" can do  nothing except duplicate in the
same environment.

[2] If dynamic  scripting in protected stacks is being 'phased out', we need
to be able to  unlock, do whatever, then *re-set* the protection. This last
step is not  available, and until 2.5 was not required. Not only should it now
be available,  but it has become a CRITICAL command.

/H

PS. As for the Nietzsche quote, I feel it both cavalier and wholly
inappropriate. This is not the place for such comments. The 'joke' fell  flat.

---- original msgs ---
Hi Hugh,

> This is now becoming crippling...
>
> After v2.5
>
> - We cannot "clone" an object
>  - We cannot "copy" an object
> - And we cannot "set the script" of an  object
>
> if a stack is password protected (I'm using v2.6.1  build 9). All
> workarounds seem blocked.

Well, this has always  been the case with password-protected stacks!!!

I might be a bug if it does not work after setting the  passkey...

> Okay, top marks for consistency but for goodness  sake...!

"God is dead!" Friedrich Nietzsche :-)

Klaus Major