For goodness sake!

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri Sep 17 03:51:14 EDT 2004

>This is now becoming crippling...
>
>After v2.5
>
>- We cannot "clone" an object
>- We cannot "copy" an object
>- And we cannot "set the script" of an object
>
>if a stack is password protected (I'm using v2.6.1 build 9). All
>workarounds seem blocked.
>
>Okay, top marks for consistency but for goodness sake...!
>
>Aaaargh!
>
>/H

I just tested this under OS9.

Engine 2.5.1 and 2.6

drag-copy a button - works for password-protected stack
clone a button - works for password-protected stack
clone a stack - works for password-protected stack
set the script of btn - error that stack is protected

Engine 2.6.1

drag-copy a button - still works for password-protected stack
clone a button - error msg that stack is password protected
clone a stack - error msg that stack is password protected
set the script of btn - error that stack is protected

So there is definitely change in behavior of the clone command. I do
not see anything related in Bugzilla or mentioned in Whats New.

What I found worrisome is that when I create a new stack, password
protect it, close it (close box or msg box command), then open it
again, it is NOT password protected. If I quit MC to flush memory and
relaunch, the password protection becomes active. Fortunately, this
is likely an issue at development time only.

Robert