metacard Digest, Vol 14, Issue 7

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 9 18:38:43 EST 2004

Dr.John R.Vokey wrote:
>   I don't think you answered the question Robert Brenstein asked.

I tried:

 >> There's a proposal floating around in Bugzilla to put the
 >> Rev license scheme fully into the engine as it was with
 >> MetaCard.  This would mean that the engine could be used
 >> with any combination of IDEs without risking licensing
 >> issues.  I don't know when that will be implemented, but
 >> yes, there does seem to be an interest in moving in that
 >> direction.

That's all the info I have.  Such a version of the engine may be
released prior to FlipsIDE, or maybe not.

Aside from convenience, FlipsIDE offers nothing new.  The engine is how
the engine is, and that's outside of the scope of what FlipsIDE can
address either way.

As a third party enthusiast, my job is merely to make tools that
demonstrate the power and flexibility of Transcript.  If the engine
keepers have special needs beyond what was in the engine when they
acquired it, I imagine they'll devote resources to that that as they see
fit.

> BTW, I love the name, FlipsIDE---nice pun).

Thanks! :)