MC 2.5 ramblings...

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Nov 9 11:30:20 EST 2004

>But if all you want is a simpler UI and already have a Rev license,
>a little patience may be all that's needed:
>
>I'm working on a Rev plugin called FlipsIDE which lets you flip into
>the MC IDE after launching Rev.  It's far simpler to set up than MC
>is now, and will allow you to use the toolkit of your choice with
>any valid Rev license (and not just the MC IDE; FlipsIDE is designed
>to be modular so folks can make a flipper for other IDEs as well,
>like FreeGUI, Constellation, the Rossi Collection, and whatever else
>comes along).
>
>I'm trying to finish some other projects first, but hope to release
>FlipsIDE not long after I'm back from the Euro Rev Con in Malta.
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

If FlipsIDE (or is that Flipsy?) allows people to use MC IDE with any
Rev license, we can expect more people actually using it, no?  I am
all for having more people using MC IDE. But will RR agree to that? I
gather you, Richard, must have already discussed this with them. I
refer to MC IDE providing functionality currently restricted to
enterprise license of Rev, so people could get extra features without
paying. Or will the Rev license restrictions be observed regardless
whether running Rev IDE or MC IDE? That would be cool.

Robert Brenstein