MC 2.5 ramblings...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 8 18:05:44 EST 2004

JCT wrote:
> On 11/7/04 6:02 AM, JCT wrote:
>
>>  Well, try as I can I cannot get accustomed to Revolution.
>>  I have the feeling of being lost in nowhere.
>>  It's probably me but MC 2.5 seems like the Nirvana of programming,
>>  except for the 10 lines limit.
>
> From: "J. Landman Gay"
> The only way to get a MetaCard license is to buy the Enterprise version
> of Revolution. That allows you to get a license key for both MC and Rev.
> Unfortunately, Enterprise is the most expensive license.
>
> Err...
> 599UK pounds that's over a thousand US $?
>  I guess that I will have to scan the web for some time in the hope of
> finding one really mixed up fellow willing to sale it's 2.5 MC on the
> used market...

Glad you like the MC IDE.  Makes the work a lot of us have put into
maintianing it worthwhile.

The Rev Enterprise license is USD$899 ($100 less than I paid for my MC
license years ago), and you can upgrade for far less than that through
their web site.

But if all you want is a simpler UI and already have a Rev license, a
little patience may be all that's needed:

I'm working on a Rev plugin called FlipsIDE which lets you flip into the
MC IDE after launching Rev.  It's far simpler to set up than MC is now,
and will allow you to use the toolkit of your choice with any valid Rev
license (and not just the MC IDE; FlipsIDE is designed to be modular so
folks can make a flipper for other IDEs as well, like FreeGUI,
Constellation, the Rossi Collection, and whatever else comes along).

I'm trying to finish some other projects first, but hope to release
FlipsIDE not long after I'm back from the Euro Rev Con in Malta.