Versioning

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Nov 5 11:49:47 EST 2004

>Versioning is important to keep track of your changes. (see the history
>section in any about box in the stacks of MonsieurX.com. It's helped a lot
>in the past to see what happened! And it's nice to see features add up for
>the features write up or the help.

I now keep an internal version file.  Just a plain text file with
each version listed and what changed in that version.  What was
added, any bugs squashed, what was changed.

I used to include this with the program itself, but discovered that
some download sites take this file and use it as the new description.
Great for folks who may want to update, but not so great for folks
who are wondering whether to download.

As sometimes the version info includes registration changes for my
own benefit, it just didn't seem so important for folks to have a
detailed list of version changes.

The new version is ALWAYS more desireable than the old one :-)

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com