MetaCard icon

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Tue May 4 11:51:13 EDT 2004

At 17:28 04.05.2004 +0930, you wrote:

> >>The ico is embedded in the engine, so to overwrite it you'll need to
> >>supply another ico in the Standalone Builder.
> >>
> >>v2.6 now supports a wider range of icon depths for Win32, so maybe one of
> >>the folks here will be able to put together a nifty ico package
> >to send you.
> >>
> >>But better still would be your own custom icon.  There are plenty of
> >>ico-generating tools available with trial periods sufficient for a single
> >>icon, and for most the fee is low enough to make it a good bargain (after
> >>paying $995 for a development system; I bought Axialis IconWorkshop for
> >>$35 and have been very pleased with it:
> >><http://www.axialis.com/iconworkshop/index.html>).
> >
> >Thanks Richard for the reply, you seem to be awake at all hours of the day
> >and night!
> >For the time being I do not need other icons than the old ones. I can live
> >with either the nice new Rev icon or the old MC one. However, I was
> >wondering whether I had overlooked something since the MC IDE did not
> >supply the same icon on the two platforms (that is - why did not the
> >MetaCard icon appear automatically on Windows as well?). Will you fix this
> >sooner or later?
>
>The XP style icons are a bit tricky so I'd suggest not messing with it.
>Given you don't distribute an engine it seems a non-issue. If you must have
>all icons the same for all platforms I would suggest the simplest thing
>would be to go the other way and have everyone user the rev icons. Hey, you
>could always rename MetaCard to something starting with R ;-) Or emphasise
>the R in MetaCard (metacaRd) ;-P

Here's a recipe for having a MetaCard icon on XP:

I made a jpg of the icon. Then downloaded the Axialis as Richard suggested,
imported the jpg. What took me some time to find out, was that almost all
boxes for options had to be checked before saving it as .co. The Standalone
Builder refuses to make a standalone if not all the needed options are
included, but it gracefully tells you which options are missing.

Regards
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Øisteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen             http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/hjem/default.html
Norway