workaround for exec err dialog?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Tue May 4 01:24:33 EDT 2004

> workaround for exec err dialog?
> Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
> Mon May 3 11:33:38 EDT 2004
>
> I may have found a workaround for the engine issue in which the error
> data param sent with errorDialog contains erroneous information:
>
> I've found that for each erroneous entry the line and column items (#s
> 2
> and 3 respectively) contain 0 (zero).
>
> Can you think of any valid circumstances in which that would be the
> case?

Yes by test.

I don't think it's a good idea to take out all lines where item 2 and 3
are zero.
A faulty testhandler  placed in a button and on stacklevel can show
this:

on mouseup ### opencard
   repeat with i = 1 to 100 step 2
     put i into foo[i]
   end repeat
   set the innards of me to foo
end mouseup ### opencard

The errordialog handler got 1 extra line of code to put its parameter.

the which parameter contains (when the reported error is correct):
openstack  called from a button:
620,0,0
90,5,19
449,5,3
535,5,1
241,5,1,openstack
353,0,0,stack "/Volumes/MacOS9/Dev
Folder/Teststacks/metacard_error_tester.mc"
573,2,1,openstack
241,2,1,mouseUp
353,0,0,button id 1007 of card id 1002 of stack "/Volumes/MacOS9/Dev
Folder/Teststacks/metacard_error_tester.mc"

mouseup in a button:
620,0,0
90,5,19
449,5,3
535,5,1
241,5,1,mouseUp
353,0,0,button id 1009 of card id 1002 of stack "/Volumes/MacOS9/Dev
Folder/Teststacks/metacard_error_tester.mc"

Line 620 of field "Messages" of stack "Execution Error" indicates a
"Array: bad index expression"
Line 353 of field "Messages" provides "Object Name:"

If these lines are taken out by:

>  ###!
>        if item 2 of line i of ee = 0 AND item 3 of line i of ee = 0
> then
> next repeat
>        ###!

then the error dialog displayed won't be complete

Though it is not very constructive, I hope this is helpful.
Greetings,
WA