MetaCard icon

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Tue May 4 10:25:00 EDT 2004

At 07:34 03.05.2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Signe Marie Sanne wrote:
>
>>Working on engine 2.6 with 2.6b4 IDE
>>When I make a standalone on Mac Classic, I get the original MC icon
>>writing "APPL" in the "Creator" box.
>>When on Windows XP the Revolution icon appears automatically. Is there a
>>way to get the MC icon without having to buy a .ico program?
>
>The ico is embedded in the engine, so to overwrite it you'll need to
>supply another ico in the Standalone Builder.
>
>v2.6 now supports a wider range of icon depths for Win32, so maybe one of
>the folks here will be able to put together a nifty ico package to send you.
>
>But better still would be your own custom icon.  There are plenty of
>ico-generating tools available with trial periods sufficient for a single
>icon, and for most the fee is low enough to make it a good bargain (after
>paying $995 for a development system; I bought Axialis IconWorkshop for
>$35 and have been very pleased with it:
><http://www.axialis.com/iconworkshop/index.html>).

Thanks Richard for the reply, you seem to be awake at all hours of the day
and night!
For the time being I do not need other icons than the old ones. I can live
with either the nice new Rev icon or the old MC one. However, I was
wondering whether I had overlooked something since the MC IDE did not
supply the same icon on the two platforms (that is - why did not the
MetaCard icon appear automatically on Windows as well?). Will you fix this
sooner or later?

Regards
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Øisteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen             http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/hjem/default.html
Norway