MetaCard icon

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 3 08:34:37 EDT 2004

Signe Marie Sanne wrote:

> Working on engine 2.6 with 2.6b4 IDE
>
> When I make a standalone on Mac Classic, I get the original MC icon
> writing "APPL" in the "Creator" box.
>
> When on Windows XP the Revolution icon appears automatically. Is there a
> way to get the MC icon without having to buy a .ico program?

The ico is embedded in the engine, so to overwrite it you'll need to
supply another ico in the Standalone Builder.

v2.6 now supports a wider range of icon depths for Win32, so maybe one
of the folks here will be able to put together a nifty ico package to
send you.

But better still would be your own custom icon.  There are plenty of
ico-generating tools available with trial periods sufficient for a
single icon, and for most the fee is low enough to make it a good
bargain (after paying $995 for a development system; I bought Axialis
IconWorkshop for $35 and have been very pleased with it:
<http://www.axialis.com/iconworkshop/index.html>).